Saturday, August 29, 2009

Are you kidding me...?

I got an email last week from a woman who was searching for a watercolor artist named Linda Lucas. She wanted to know if I was her. Apparently, some time ago, she'd purchased a floral print and wanted another. I asked her to send me a photo of the print, I don't know, I though maybe I'd recognize the art work or something.

Linda Lucas is a very common name so is Linda Hardy and believe it or not quite a few of them are artists. That's one of the reasons I started going by Linda "Lucas" Hardy. That way no one could get me mixed up with the rest of them. Ok back to the story, nothing about the piece looked familiar so I thought I'd search for Linda Lucas since the woman had come up with nothing. Wow...I discovered I'm everywhere! No wonder she couldn't find her. After sifting through page after page I finally happened on a site advertising a workshop by the elusive Linda Lucas. Yeah! Case solved! I sent the info on to the lady and hopefully she was able to contact her.

So why am I telling you all this? In my search I happened on a page that had my name embedded in it somewhere. Oddly enough it was about knitting. I thought "....what? What's the association and where am I mentioned?" I could not let it rest so I kept digging. Ah ha! I finally found it. There was a reference to my palette guide. After a while I figured out who the page belonged to. It's Lupe's. Lupe took my workshop on 2007 Mexican Riviera Cruise. Mystery solved. About that time I noticed a colored pencil link. Once there I could not believe what I saw. Lupe...oh my gosh...she does amazing colored pencil portraits! So I had to show you. Here's a few of the portraits I found on her blogs. Yes, I found another one. Don't you just love the internet? If you'd like to see more of her work and step by step photos you can find Lupe HERE.
And here Art, Supernaturally Enjoy!



2 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Beautiful work.........

Teresa Mallen said...

Wonderful sleuthing Linda! Thanks for sharing her work with us. Lupe's portraits are absolutely stunning!!!