Saturday, August 15, 2009

The 17th International CPSA Exhibition & Convention in Atlanta, Ga

I started putting these on my blog...meant to get back immediately but I came down with mild flu like symptoms Tuesday the 4th. For four days I felt awful. I gradually got to feeling better the following Friday but I had a workshop coming up a week later for Keller, Tx ISD (that was yesterday) and I still had a lot to do...yikes...so I had to do what I had to do. Everything else had to be put on hold.

I would like you to know what a pleasure it was to teach colored pencil to teachers. There were thirty in all, a wonderful group of men and women who, artists themselves, dedicate their time and passion to teach art to our children. I gave them everything I had yet feel like I owe them a debt of gratitude.

I don't know about you, but I'll never forget my art teachers. They kept me going. There was one in particular though, Mrs. Masters, who left an indelible mark on me.


That's Debra Yaun in the middle, trying to get everyone together to take a picture at the entrance of the Jacqueline C. Huydgens Center fo the Arts in Duluth, Ga. Debra told me the giant robot used to be the entrance to a toy store in Atlanta. Unfortunately the toy store went out of business so they donated the robot to the gallery. I'm sure it's quite a delight to the children in the area.

By the way, if you want to see more photos from Nationals go to, my new friend, Teresa Mallen's blog and a great, long time friend, Toni James' blog. They have some great ones.

No comments: