Monday, April 6, 2009

Back in the saddle again...


I am so excited. I feel like I haven't done art in a very long time which has frustrated me. When I got a letter from Nationals asking if I'd be interested in donating a piece for this year's silent auction, and needing some original art to offer for sale on the Cruise, I picked through some of my favorite photos and decided to work small. Small is better than not at all right? I think small is going to be the only way to go for a while. So, I've completed two and I'm beginning a third. The problem now will be which one to send and which ones to keep.

This is a little wild flower that pops up about the same time the bluebonnets pop up here in Texas. When you see them growing together they make a beautiful combination of reds and deep blue/purples. When these flowers bloom the landscape is an amazing sight to see. They are called Indian Paints. I loved the cast shadow that's why I wanted to do the piece. Interestingly the colors in the
shadow makes me think of the colors of a blue bonnet. Hummmm...maybe I should call this "Paint in a Field of Blue"....I think I willl.

I wish all titles came that easy.....!

1 comment:

Toni James, CPSA - DesertWindsStudio.com said...

Glad to see you back to sharpening your pencils! Smaller is definately better than nothing, especially when nothing was happening. (Did that make sense??? lol)

I too have an silent auction piece to do, and i'm drawing a blank. Blah. You reminded me I need to get my fanny in gear.

Tj