Friday, March 28, 2008

A quote by watercolor artist Steve Hanks...

"As an artist you might get into the medium you are working in and then just get into a comfort zone and stay there," say's Steve Hanks. "However there is something to be said about working outside your comfort zone, something about the mystery of trying to figure it out or not knowing how it works. As accurately as I paint, I need to throw myself out of the comfort zone... " Hanks finds that it's essential to his own idea of creativity that he changes his style periodically so that he won't get stuck doing a certain type of painting over and over. American Art Collector January 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

Hi Linda! Nice to see you have a blog now. I look forward to seeing you again at CPSA in Seattle later this year.

BTW, do you have any tips on how to get that clear plastic bag look in paintings or would that be telling secrets? :D I'm going to give it a try myself, but have never done anything like it before. Any tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated, but if not that's okay. I just love your paintings!!

Keep up the good work!

Nancy Hoover